11/02/2008

October 24, 2008

Revisiting Detroit tonight, Mathieu spoke glowingly of his time in there:

"The fans have been tremendous to me here. They always were. I think they booed me after I scored my last time in here, but that’s understandable. It’s just a tremendous sports town, one of the best sports towns I’ve played in and I think one of the best in the country. It’s a real fun city to play in and as a visitor it’s a fun city to come play in. It’s a great building to play in." (from Detroit Free Press)
With his new team, he had 17:47 of total ice time, no points or shots and was a -3.

Side note: For extra fun, you can read the stupid comments from Detroit fans ripping him for not "playing his cards right" and taking less money to stay in Detroit while arguing the team is better with Rafalski. Umm, is the guy the hero for allowing your team to pursue a "better" player or a goat for "abandoning" you more money from a team that is home for your family? It's just like my career. A good portion of the people in my chosen career suffer simultaneously from an inferiority complex and unbridled arrogance. It is beginning to make me crazy. I don't need this same exact mental disorder from my "leisure" activity, so personally, I'm glad he's out of Detroit.

No comments: