1/21/2009

Mean, but I chuckled.

In Greg Wyshynski's "Puck Headlines" for the day at Puck Daddy, he points out a PuckStopsHere blog entry over at Kuklas Korner that talks about the worst player in the league this season. The comment that made me chuckle?
"Brendan Witt of the New York Islanders has been crowned the worst player in the NHL this season. And Mathieu Schneider breathes a sigh of relief."
When I first saw the headline "Worst Player This Season" over at Kuklas Korner yesterday, I hesitated clicking out of fear I'd see Mathieu's name. Interesting I'm not the only one who had that thought.

4 comments:

the Rocket said...

No need to worry. I think that Patrice Brisebois is more likely to be on that list than Schneider.


http://allhabs.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Is now not a good time to admit I like Patrice, too? =)

the Rocket said...

You have a thing for the guys from the '93 team? :)

Not a problem. I would be glad to box up Patrice for you and send him postage-paid to your location.

Anywhere is better for Brise than on blue-line of the Habs.

Sarah said...

I do have a special place in my heart for the '93 Habs. Schneider, Brisebois, Eric Desjardins, Lyle Odelein, J.J. Daigneault, Benoit Brunet, Vincent Damphousse... I loved 'em all. Even Andre "Red Light" Racicot and Gilbert Dionne. It's said you always remember your first, and that was pretty much the first season I really followed hockey.

I used to say his wife, his mom, and I were Patrice's only fans. But when I "became a fan" of him over at Facebook, there were over 1,000 people. That group is kind of dripping with sarcasm, but still. Mathieu doesn't even have a group to drip sarcasm at. =)