2/19/2009

Off-Topic: Cast musings

Luckily, Brad Richards' distal radius fracture doesn't require surgery. All he'll need is time and a cast. Personally, I thought he should have picked a cast with stripes to go along with the pinstriped suits he favors. But, alas, as reported to me by someone who spotted him on the sidelines of the Stars' practice yesterday, it's just a plain, dark one. I'm sure a dark one won't clash with his outfits, but it makes this post almost totally irrelevant because you can't really write anything legible on something dark. Then again, when are my random posts ever relevant anyway? Thus I present to you...

Things that would be awesome to see written on B-Rad's cast:
  • I told you this would happen if you didn't stop fighting so much!

  • Get well soon! xoxoxo Vinny xoxoxo

  • Sorry I broke your wrist -- Jakub Voracek

  • Lobster Bisque
  • 5 tbsp. butter
    4 tbsp. flour
    1 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. pepper

    3 c. milk or 1 1/2 c. evaporated milk and 1 1/2 c. water
    1 c. bouillon or chicken broth
    1 lb. lobster meat
    1 sliced med. onion
    A sprig parsley
    1/2 c. cream

    Melt butter in large saucepan. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add milk and bouillon gradually while stirring. Cook over low heat until mixture thickens. Add lobster, onion, and parsley. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Add cream. For bisque, strain through sieve before adding cream.

  • On the bright side, it'll be like dating another person for 6-8 weeks1

  • Franger non flectar2

  • You know they shoot horses for this

  • $7.8 million a year and you're broke!?


1I know, I know. I'm sorry, I had to go for the low-hanging fruit (so to speak) and make a masturbation joke. At least I didn't come up with it. My friend Will gets credit for that one.

2It was between that, and my new favorite bit of Latin: te audire no possum, musa sapientum fixa est in aura. I'll let you utilize Google for a translation of both phrases.

No comments: