1/27/2009

Atlanta Thrashers at Dallas Stars

Why do I mention this otherwise unremarkable game?

My guys face off tonight! With Mathieu in the Western Conference since 2000 and with Brad Richards in the Eastern Conference until last year, my guys rarely met. Three previous times in the regular season to be exact. Mathieu has the advantage, with 2 wins and 1 tie.* But B-Rad has 4 wins to Mathieu's 3 in the playoffs last year.


*3/8/2004: Tampa Bay @ Detroit, 1-1
12/17/2005: Detroit @ Tampa Bay, 6-3
3/19/2008: Dallas @ Anaheim, 1-2

(And no, I did not know that off the top of my head. When things got quiet on the Reference Desk last night, I looked it up. Since I was looking it up anyway, I thought I'd jot down the details. You never know when "Schneider-Richards Meetings" will be a category on Jeopardy! or something. I'll readily admit I know nothing about "Opera" or "Famous Chemists,"** but it would be embarrassing if I missed any in a "
Schneider-Richards Meetings" category.)

**Enrico Fermi... that's always my answer

No comments: