11/27/2009

November 26, 2009

Not too much report in this game. Mathieu played 16:06, had 1 shot, 1 penalty, and finished a -1 in the Canucks win over the LA Kings. Game summary: interference (15:19 of 2nd).

But aside from the game, it is Thanksgiving here in the States. In honor of the holiday, here is a rewind of Mathieu talking about the day at his house:
"I actually do cook the turkey every year. My wife's busy baby-sitting all the kids. It's never a sit-down dinner, though -- it's just kind of chaos once the turkey gets on the table." Do all of the turkeys he cooks turn out great? Well... "It's kind of hit-and-miss, to tell you the truth. I've had a couple good ones and a couple real bad ones, just very dry. It's an art, obviously. I think if I had some more time, I could really, really improve my cooking skills." Overall, though, "it's fun, I enjoy it and everything that goes along with it, the whole day." (originally from a Helene St. James piece in the Detroit Free Press, November 24, 2005)

No comments: