12/28/2008

December 28, 2008

Darn it. As a Sharks fan, I was really hoping that Atlanta could topple the almighty Bruins today. And they struck first with a late goal in the first. But in the end it wasn't meant to be. Mathieu had 15:41 of total ice time, with only 5 seconds coming on the power play. Atlanta had a lot of power play time (over 8 minutes) including a 2 man advantage. He was on the penalty kill for 1:11. Don't know what's going on there. Seems a little backwards to me. Game Summary: (interference), 3:04 of 2nd.

P.S. I think I've been watching The Wire too much. The Bruins have a player named Sobotka, and every time they mentioned his name my head would snap back to the screen. Vladimir Sobotka is a Czech Republic born Center for the Bruin, as opposed to Frank, Nick, and "Ziggy" Sobotka, struggling stevedores at the Port of Baltimore. I'm assuming that Vladimir doesn't smuggle stuff off of shipping containers on the side.

No comments: